Bloggin' Time (or: Get r' Done)
You'll have to excuse my absense for the past 10 days, as this is my first blog, I forgot it existed there for awhile. You'll see some big changes past today, big big changes (I'm thinking about adding a picture...)
So lately, I got a job at Convergys, a global call centre. Duties included answering calls from disgruntled Chicagoians whose modems weren't working. I started my 4 weeks of training a few days ago: 4 hours a night monday to friday, and 8 hours on saturdays. These hours would be fine if there were right after school so I had some time before I went to bed, or late so I had some time before I went to work, but they were slap in the middle of the evening. I could not even keep up my homework for one class, nevermind all 4. So... I didn't go last night--and I won't be going tonight. Fuck jobs that are inflexible, I am a student, they know it.
So instead of going to work last night, I went to the Duke. What a good way to spend freed (spl?) up time then getting wasted with the rugby team. At least I did some reading beforehand.
I better peace before I go all myspace emo.
Peace,
Jere
Update: After I quit Convergys, my roommate, also an employee there, quit too. He didn't want to be alone in a cubicle hell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home