Self-Expression or Slip of Mind
Last class in NM we discussed our feelings. The purpose of this was to get connected with outselves so that we can be more effective artists. I felt pretty awkward/shy at first with doing this because it is so unconventional, and I am an introvert. However, after a little while, amusement and curiosity overtook my self-consciousness because of the way our professor was handling the students. Watching the way he targeted certain uncomfortable people, pressed people for more information, and in some cases bordered on racist ("is there internet in China?"), made me really question the mental state he was in. I have seen my prof outside class a couple times and he strikes me as a very unique person. There is nothing to show he is hiding behind any sort of false persona; whenever I see him, he is raw and exposed. Not exposed in a way to suggest he is vulnerable, just exposed in that he presents himself without inhibition--a trait I rarely observe in this city. To be yourself is brave, and he makes it seem effortless. This is inspiring, but I am still frightened.
Word.
J-air.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home